Saturday 14 February 2015

From 10 words, could you create an interesting story?


I had been on the plane for approximately fifteen minutes. My city was still visible through the low hung clouds and the sunlight was shining on all of the rooftops. I was slightly uncomfortable sat next to a strange man; he didn’t talk to anyone and looked very nervous. He was wearing weird clothes, and a hat which was hiding his face. Perhaps I was being paranoid but as the flight went on, my suspicion grew. He was always looking at his watch like if he was waiting for something. Sometimes he was looking around for something or someone.

By this time I had been on the plane for two hours, and nothing out of the ordinary had happened. The pilot announced that we were going to land shortly and ask that we put on our seatbelts. I could hear the landing gear come down and felt really relieved that the flight was coming to an end. At that moment, the man sitting next to me removed his seatbelt and stood up between the aisles. Five other people also stood up. Two of them went to the cockpit, and the other four pulled out guns. Everyone was afraid. The two who went to the cockpit killed three flight attendants before entering the cockpit. Forced by the terrorists, the pilot announced that the direction was going to change and that we will arrive in London in half an hour.
The terrorists then explained to us that they were members of a gang called, “Second Waves,” and that England had organized an attack two months prior against their gang and had killed five of their members. So to avenge the deaths of their friends, they have decided to wage war on the British parliament. The plane started to move in all directions and I heard a shot; the terrorist that was in the cockpit announced that he had killed the pilot. My mind grew wild with fear wondering if there was anyone onboard who could fly the plane. All of a sudden, the plane started to go down… 

Written by: Baptiste Faure



It was eight o’clock in the morning and I was on a plane bound for Amsterdam. I could see my city through the window and I realized how sad I was to be leaving. However, the agreeable sunlight make me feel much more comfortable. Observing the rooftops and the different landscapes below, I couldn’t help but think about my new life in Amsterdam. I will have to get new friends, and get used to my new identity; never mentioning my old life again. Thinking about all of this change made me feel anxious as I wouldn’t be able to make any mistakes because my life was at stake. My husband was a cruel and powerful man who was probably doing everything he could to find me.

The pilot announced that the landing gear was about to descend, and we would soon be arriving in Amsterdam. Through the low-hung clouds I could distinguish skyscrapers in the distance , and I felt so relieved to finally be far away from “him.” Curious about what “good bye” was in Dutch, I reached for my dictionary - when all of the sudden, I heard His voice behind me whisper my name, “Elena!” 

                                                            Written by: Manon Faure

No comments:

Post a Comment